Monday, August 10, 2015

Singapore 2 - Singapore Zoo

I peered through the trees to see a tiny Cotton Top monkey. On their head they have fluffy white hair. I call it a cotton Afro. I carefully glanced through the grass and saw... a Proboscis monkey, the monkeys with the humongous nose. They have big hands and hairy grey fingers. Their colossal feet are just like colossal hands. They cling on to the branches with their feet.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw a reddish figure swinging above my head. It was an orangutan! There was a huge wooden playground for the orangutans.  On one of the platforms was a mother orangutan with her adorable, tiny baby.  The mother was covering herself with a sack and baby was playing with palm leaves.
We walked onto the next enclosure, everybody was very quiet and taking pictures continuously.  Sooner or late I started taking pictures too!  It was a white tiger!  It had creamy white, thick fur with black stripes as black as licorice. Below them was a man made pond.  One of the tigers hopped in the water playing with a stick, the other tiger tried to get the stick off it.  The white tigers were my favourite because they are the biggest cats in the world and they are endangered.
Around the corner was a terrible smell....baboons! That enclosure was crawling with baboons.  Their bottoms were not that pretty.  There were a few babies who were very cute.  Some of the baboons were enormous and had sharp teeth.  There were a lot of flies in this enclosure.
I think that Singapore Zoo is the best zoo I have ever, ever been to.  The Zoo is better than the Night Safari, we did this as well.  We had to wait an hour to get on a tram to go around and it wasn't that interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment